The Interfaith Peace Project Celebrates
Our Twentieth Anniversary
September 8, 2021
by Thomas P. Bonacci, C.P.
September 8, 2021, marks the Twentieth Anniversary of The Interfaith Peace Project. We began our work in Pittsburgh, PA, and since then have grown, developed, and matured into our present outreach. We are grateful for all of the support and love we have received from so many people across the years.
We were hoping to schedule open house events in the month of September. However, the uncertainty surrounding the Covid-19 Delta variant has caused us to be more cautious and concerned. We will offer some reflections through ZOOM, emails, and Constant Contacts concerning the wisdom we have discovered over the years.
We look forward to hosting regular in-person programs, celebrations, and observances by September 8, 2022, if health conditions permit. For now, we are available for small in-person gatherings for fully vaccinated persons or ZOOM meetings. Simply contact us at (925) 787-9279 or [email protected] for more information.
As our Twentieth Anniversary arrives, we humbly ask you to celebrate with us by observing one or more of the following suggestions:
- Offer your support and friendship to persons and groups working for justice
- Help someone who lives in the street with financial relief, a kind word, a prayer, and advocate for the homeless
- Offer a prayer or spend time in meditation for peace and understanding in our World
- Become a friend of those coping with mental health issues
- Practice compassion in all the affairs of your life
- Advocate for the Earth and the well-being of all
- Practice anti-racism in all the affairs of life
- Respect and foster the human rights of all women
- Have the courage to be yourself
- Rejoice in the differences of people, respecting the many ways people love one another
Above all, be aware of our gratitude to you for all your support, love, care and concern over the years. This is a celebration in honor of you. As we heal from the trauma of the past year, let us peacefully hold one another in our hearts. A new World of peace born of justice is now unfolding in our midst. We can do together what no one of us can do alone.
Thomas P. Bonacci, C.P. with the Board of Directors
The Interfaith Peace Project
As things begin to return to a new normal, we at The Interfaith Peace Project are here for you in any way that you need us. The Antioch Center is now open to fully vaccinated people on Wednesdays, from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. We are vigilant and will adjust to any and all recommendations from the state and county. We will continue our work through Zoom as we add in person programs. If you would like to schedule an in person or Zoom program or would like a phone appointment with any of us, give us a call. You may call or email Tom at: