“Tell me what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life.”
– Mary Oliver
Are you interested in exploring your life in all its dimensions with a trusted Spiritual Companion? The Interfaith Peace Project announces a new practice of Spiritual Companionship with Reverend Channing Miller, Interfaith/Interspiritual Minister.
Reverend Channing Miller was ordained in 2020 as an interfaith/ Interspiritual Minister by The Chaplaincy Institute, Berkeley, CA. Channing honors mutuality and has a deep love of all people, inclusive of all faith, philosophies or no particular affiliation.
What is Spiritual Companionship?
People come for a variety of reasons. No matter why you are drawn to this practice, creating a space for listening to your hearts’ journey is the focus. Spiritual Companionship offers you accompaniment as you walk this unique and spiritual journey. Spiritual Companionship is a non-directive approach to accompanying others and nurturing their spiritual growth.
What is a Spiritual Companion?
- support you as you explore your spiritual journey through life.
- are welcoming and present with those they companion, listening and responding without being judgmental.
- are contemplative and honor silence as a spiritual practice.
- are intuitive spiritual friends – accountable and compassionate, hospitable and open, loving yet independent.
The relationship between you and your Spiritual Companion is confidential.
What journey do you want to embark on?
- Are you looking to explore your life and go on an inner journey?
- Are you ready to develop deeper awareness of what it means to be fully alive?
- Do you want to identify the obstacles that may be holding you back?
- Are you ready to develop a relationship with yourself, your beliefs and others?
What happens in a session?
The sessions are usually monthly for 60 minutes.
- The opening may include brief silence, a prayer or poem.
- Conversation to get to know each other or discuss a particular topic on your mind. We weave together story, experiences, emotional body feelings, relationships with others, meditation, prayer or prayer practices and deep listening.
- Discern what you want to explore about your life or spirituality.
- The closing reflection and next steps.
We explore creatively together by talking, reading, reflecting, and journaling as ways to get to know your true self. Each session provides new openings and beginnings. Channing looks forward to walking alongside you as a spiritual friend, exploring your deep inner life, welcoming conversations about things on your heart.
How to get started?
Email: [email protected]