DAY FOUR – FEBRUARY 4, 2016
INTERFAITH HARMONY WEEK
FROM THE BAHA’I TRADITION
GOD IS ALL GLORIOUS
Baha’i Prayer for Peace
Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity.
Be fair in thy judgement, and guarded in thy speech.
Be a lamp unto those who walk in darkness,
and a home to the stranger.
Be eyes to the blind, and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring.
Be a breath of life to the body of humankind,
a dew to the soil of the human heart,
and a fruit upon the tree of humility.
UNITY IN DIVERSITY
- “Have regard for the rights of others. Whoever is lacking in these excellent human qualities is defective.”
The Secret of Divine Civilization
- “Two are better than one… For if they fall, one will lift up the other. But woe to the one who is alone when fallen and there is not another to lift them up!”
- “O humankind! We created you from a single pair of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes, that you might know each other.”
Islam – Qur’an 49.13
- “All ye under the heavens! Regard heaven as your father, earth as your mother, and all things as your brothers and sisters.”
Shinto – Oracle of Atsuta
- “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.”
Anne Frank (1929-1945)
Jewish writer, victim of the Holocaust
- “Diversity is not about how we differ. Diversity is about embracing one another’s uniqueness.”
Ola Joseph – African-American author
- “A society that does not recognize that each individual has values of his own which he is entitled to follow can have no respect for the dignity of the individual and cannot really know freedom.”
Friedrich August von Hayek
Austrian economist and philosopher
1974 Nobel Prize laureate
- “We may have different religions, different languages, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race.”
Former General Secretary
of the United Nations